Welcome to my world - a blend of passion, taste, and old-world traditions.

Benvenuti nel mio mondo - un mischio di passione, gusto e vecchie tradizioni.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Game at the Farmers' Markets

Farmers' markets are an unparalleled source of fresh, local, organic produce and meats.  They can be pricey, though.  So, I time my shopping and go towards the end of the day or in the last hour or so of the market's schedule, when some farmers drop their prices.

Short on money, you can still eat well.

Escarole - Cost 3 heads for $2.00

Great for escarole and beans and for salads.


Yellow, Green and Gray Zucchini - Cost $2.50


Eggplant - $2.00


 Last Jersey tomatoes of the season - Cost $4.50


Ciambella (round) crusty bread - Cost $2.99

I will savour these last local tomatoes as I do not buy tomatoes during the winter months.

Personalized pumpkin for my favorite Yankee fan.

PRICELESS!







No comments:

Post a Comment